Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Wayne County Athletic League Football 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wcal observer View Post
    Alum, if your talking from a Chipp perspective; it all starts and ends up front! The line was awful on both sides of the ball vs. Norwayne. The running lanes were nonexistent, and Britenstein had no time to set up and throw. He made some great throws on the run, but that's no way to live. The big boys need to man up, and not dance this week!
    Wcal, it always starts up front, that's pretty much at every level, high school, collage and pros. If you dominant on the line theres a good chance your winning that game. If you can hold your own (which I think will happen tonight) and limit turning the ball over your in the game. Britenstein will be the difference in a close game. Chipps by a touchdown! Book it!

GO BEARS!

Someday... I would like a high school coach to sit down, and explain to me, why a 15 yd. squib kick, to give your opponent the ball starting at their own 45, is good strategy.

I guess the Jimmy's n Joe's just didn't execute. I do concur with Iced Earth, why the hell do ya give your opponent a short field every kickoff?

I went to the Chippewa/Wayndsale game tonite and can honestly say Waynedale got out coached. Chippewa had a good squad for sure but the Golden Bears should have been in this game. Calling some of the worst plays I've seen In a while. This ones on you coach! Hopefully you can get these boys re-focused and ready to compete. You should be winning every game. Coach you have the talent please get your playmakers the ball and execute. This one is on you!
    Last edited by Red Rider Nation; 10.02.2015 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider Nation View Post
    I went to the Chippewa/Wayndsale game tonite and can honestly say Waynedale got out coached. Chippewa had a good squad for sure but the Golden Bears should have been in this game. Calling some of the worst plays I've seen In a while. This ones on you coach! Hopefully you can get these boys re-focused and ready to compete. You should be winning every game. Coach you have the talent please get your playmakers the ball and execute. This one is on you!
    I was at that game as well, and I tend to disagree. Chippewa lined up and played physical football and took it to them all night. They swarmed on defense, no matter who was getting the ball. Waynedale had two big plays, the 4th down prayer and the big play where the RB broke it up the middle. Other then that, nothing. Chippewas offensive line dominated the game where they lined up and just pounded it down their throats.

That being said, other then the MAC, the WCAL plays some good small-school football where its a dogfight every week!

The Chipps dominated both lines of scrimmage. Chipps QB is a true dual threat. The Chipps were just better. Very obvious to see. Waynedale struggled to run. Had few open receivers. And couldn't tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Havin Fun View Post
    The Chipps dominated both lines of scrimmage. Chipps QB is a true dual threat. The Chipps were just better. Very obvious to see. Waynedale struggled to run. Had few open receivers. And couldn't tackle.
    No Waynedale lost because of turnovers when they should have been running the football.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider Nation View Post
    No Waynedale lost because of turnovers when they should have been running the football.
    Waynedale lost because they were dominated up front on both sides of the ball. The interceptions were created by the pressure applied by the Chippewa front. Outside of the long run by Stanley when the game was over, Waynedale was unable to move the ball on the ground. In addition, Strasbaugh has been a dominate receiver, but Chippewa has shut him down for three years because of Britenstein. He was virtually shut down, and even his td catch was clearly a bobble out of bounds. While I have never been impressed by the Bears QB, and have always felt they would be better with Strasbaugh running the show, that is not the reason they lost tonight. Chippewa came to play, and controlled all facets of the game.

Bears fans, Any word on Strasbaugh's condition? Hope the young man is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Wcal observer View Post
    Bears fans, Any word on Strasbaugh's condition? Hope the young man is ok.
    He took a hard helmet to helmet hit, right in the ear hole. I can't believe there wasn't a flag. Prayers that this young man is OK.

Didn't get to go to the game as I've been a little under the weather this week...did listen on the radio. Every team has that one flat game every year, and it sounded like the Bears had theirs last night. Norwayne proved Waynedale can be worn down with the run, and the Chipps must have studied that tape well. Sounded like the Chipps played some inspired ball coming off the loss last week. Hats off to them. Well done! Now, with a league title out of reach, these kids need to stay focused on football, and not start thinking about winter sports yet. A playoff appearance would still be a sweet reward for these seniors on this team.

A couple surprises last night! I did not think the score would be so lopsided in the Bears/Chipps game and I would not have picked HUskies to beat The Falcons!! The league has gotten very interesting. Congrats to the Bobcats and Smithies for wins last night also!

The Chipps were superior on both O and D lines. Yes the Bears could have avoided the interceptions and run the ball more. They would have still lost because the line could not open holes. They even tried to run Strasbaugh more and he struggled to pick up a couple yards. Reibe was under pressure all night long and had no time to throw the ball.
    Give credit to the Chipps who were just a better team. It is ok to say the opponent has more talent. Especially when they clearly have more talent.

Keep your heads up Bears. Finish the season strong and get to the post season.

Quote Originally Posted by 1_beast View Post
    Keep your heads up Bears. Finish the season strong and get to the post season.
    Agreed!

Why so quiet? 5 Team in the playoffs right now and no talk? Huh?

I am thinking that maybe 4 might make it in! This week will be very interesting. Rittman at Hillsdale, Waynedale at Northwestern, Chippewa at Dalton and the big one Norwayne at Smithville! The league games have been very up and down. It is supposed to rain Friday and that may play into Smithville's game plan. I think that Norwayne wins but it will be closer than people might think.

excited for Smithville vs Norwayne game. Both teams can find ways to score, whether its on the ground or through the air. it will come down to who plays the best defense on friday. GO SMITHIES

What are the predictions for this week? I'll take...

Hillsdale
    Northwestern
    Ooh Aah Chippewa
    Norwayne

Quote Originally Posted by Buck sweep View Post
    excited for Smithville vs Norwayne game. Both teams can find ways to score, whether its on the ground or through the air. it will come down to who plays the best defense on friday. GO SMITHIES
    Chipps will take care of business this week, hoping the smithies do to setup a big one next Friday, GO SMITHIES.

HUNTINGTON - Prior to Saturday's contest against Old Dominion University, even the most die-hard Marshall University football fan might not recognize the name Ryan Bee.
    The 6-foot-7, 263-pound redshirt freshman from Ashland, Ohio, had logged limited minutes on the field and hadn't really gotten a big opportunity to step into the limelight for the Thundering Herd.
    With rain beating down Saturday, however, that all changed.

After impressing coaches with his play, Bee got the chance to make a name for himself and took full advantage with 12 tackles (three for loss) with two sacks, a fumble recovery and two quarterback hurries.
    As the time wore down in the fourth quarter of the Herd's 27-7 win, Bee's name flashed up on the Jumbotron at Joan C. Edwards Stadium as the Player of the Game - a moment he won't soon forget.
    "It was a feeling like no other," Bee said. "(Marshall defensive tackle) Jarquez Samuel told me that I was going to get it before that and I was like, 'Nah, they're not going to give it to me.' When I found out, it was a great feeling."
    Marshall coach Doc Holliday had spoken in the last two weeks about Bee's progression and made mention during his weekly press conference that he would likely log more snaps against Old Dominion after having success against Kent State.
    However, not even Holliday could have expected Bee's performance.
    "Somebody told me after the game he was the MVP," Holliday said. "I said, 'I've never heard of a backup defensive end being the MVP in the game, but I guess there's a first for everything.' He's a tremendous young player that's very athletic for a 6-7 guy."
    Sept. 26 against Kent State, Bee graded out well on the 13 snaps he played, Holliday said.
    For a redshirt freshman to go from 13 snaps in a game to 12 tackles from a defensive end spot is one of the more remarkable statistical lines that you'll see.
    According to research by Marshall's sports information office, there have only been six instances since the Herd's return to FBS football when a defensive lineman recorded 12 or more tackles.

Dewayne Lewis (1998, Wofford) and Albert McClellan (2009, Bowling Green) recorded 15 each in games while Ricky Hall (1998, Eastern Michigan) and Jamus Martin (2003, Western Michigan) both had 13. Girardie Mercer also had two games in the category - a 13-tackle performance against Ohio in 1998 and a 12-tackle game against Wofford in 1998.
    Tack on the sacks and the ability to jump on a turnover and Bee made his presence felt often.
    "Some guys have a knack for making plays and he's one of those guys," Marshall defensive ends coach Sean Cronin said. "He's young, so it's a comfort level deal with us. The more we feel comfortable with him, the more he's going to play. For us, the guys who make plays need to be on the field. The past few weeks, he's made more plays and he earned a lot more plays tonight."
    With Marshall's next opponent a Southern Miss team with a hot quarterback in Nick Mullens, who has thrown for 300 yards in each of his last three games, Bee will go from virtual unknown to being a central figure in getting Mullens out of rhythm with the pass rush.
    Southern Miss (3-2 season, 1-0 Conference USA) and Marshall (4-1, 1-0) meet at 7 p.m. Friday in Joan C. Edwards Stadium.
    It's a tall task, but the 6-7 pass rusher is looking forward to the challenge.
    "When your time comes, you have to step up to the plate and make a play," Bee said

Looks like rain early and then clear for the games tonight! Nice article in the Wooster paper about the Smithville/Norwayne game. The field in Smithville is really torn up and will probably be a muddy mess. I do imagine that the Smithies will want to try to control the tempo of the game and will probably pass a little more than usual. The Cats will pumped for this game and bring a VERY talented group of players. The Smithies need to keep it close as they are not built for coming from behind when down by 2 or 3 scores. Sould be a huge crowd on hand, so get there early! GO GREEN!

Quote Originally Posted by oldsmithie View Post
    Looks like rain early and then clear for the games tonight! Nice article in the Wooster paper about the Smithville/Norwayne game. The field in Smithville is really torn up and will probably be a muddy mess. I do imagine that the Smithies will want to try to control the tempo of the game and will probably pass a little more than usual. The Cats will pumped for this game and bring a VERY talented group of players. The Smithies need to keep it close as they are not built for coming from behind when down by 2 or 3 scores. Sould be a huge crowd on hand, so get there early! GO GREEN!
    El Choppo believes the smithies get the upset.. 21-20 is my preditiction. Norwayne struggled with a bad Manchester team in similar weather conditions.
    Chippewa will roll the dawgs
    Waynedale beats the Huskies by 2 scores
    Hillsdale wins by at least 5 scores

Rain? What rain? Sprinklers running in Smithville. #slowjeremymiller

That field was tore up a month ago!

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast