Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 657

Thread: Wayne County Athletic League Football 2015

  1. #351
    Chief Shenanigans Officer O-Trap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14,994
    Rep Power
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Alum01 View Post
    Chipps need to bring their A game this week against the Falcons, to be honest this game really worries me. Good Luck Chipps, go get it!!
    Smithville and Hillsdale are very comparable this year, as evidenced by the fact that the game between the two went into overtime. And Tom Williams is an excellent coach, so there's no vulnerability there.

    I think this game will show us what kind of team the Chipps are this year. They'll be playing a tough team after a disappointing loss. This will show us what they're made of.
    "When has anyone ever been persuaded by being insulted or labeled? [...] That's why people wait until they're in the voting booth. No one's watching anymore. There's no blame or shame or anything, and you can finally say what you really think, and that is a powerful thing." - Thomas Walker as Jonathan Pie

  2. #352
    Senior Member Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    309
    Rep Power
    18
    (26) 8-0 260
    2, Wheelersburg 8-0 222
    3, Chillicothe Zane Trace 8-0 179
    4, Millbury Lake 8-0 175
    5, Brookville 8-0 153
    6, Columbiana Crestview 7-1 105
    7, Milan Edison 7-1 691, Coldwater
    8, Cadiz Harrison Central 7-1 62
    9, Creston Norwayne 7-1 47
    10, Swanton 7-1 40
    Others receiving 12 or more points: 11,
    Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 29. 12,
    Magnolia Sandy Valley 20. 13, Canton Central
    Catholic 18. 14, Doylestown Chippewa 12....The top four teams in region 16 are listed in the top 10 Div 5 state ranking. I believe the Bobcats and all four teams can play with Coldwater.

  3. #353
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Wayne County
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by 187xovr View Post
    Multiple pages of complaints about a coach who just won 49-14 and is in the thick of a playoff race........but what about the team on the wrong end of the score? Dalton is really struggling this season. Were they expected to be this bad? Any talent coming up through the pipeline? This is a program that was a perennial power in the WCAL for several decades and doesn't seem to be anywhere close to competing for league titles anytime soon.
    Having been to the Dalton Game against Chippewa and speaking to a father of a freshmen, and to an old timer Dalton supporter, it appears that they truly have an issue with the coach ... I do not know personally, I am just sharing what I heard ...

  4. #354
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Wayne County
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Alum01 View Post
    Chipps need to bring their A game this week against the Falcons, to be honest this game really worries me. Good Luck Chipps, go get it!!
    Falcons could get back in the playoff race with a win over the Chipps ... Go Chipps!

  5. #355
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Wayne County
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by O-Trap View Post
    Smithville and Hillsdale are very comparable this year, as evidenced by the fact that the game between the two went into overtime. And Tom Williams is an excellent coach, so there's no vulnerability there.

    I think this game will show us what kind of team the Chipps are this year. They'll be playing a tough team after a disappointing loss. This will show us what they're made of.
    Agreed ...

  6. #356
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Wayne County
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    (26) 8-0 260
    2, Wheelersburg 8-0 222
    3, Chillicothe Zane Trace 8-0 179
    4, Millbury Lake 8-0 175
    5, Brookville 8-0 153
    6, Columbiana Crestview 7-1 105
    7, Milan Edison 7-1 691, Coldwater
    8, Cadiz Harrison Central 7-1 62
    9, Creston Norwayne 7-1 47
    10, Swanton 7-1 40
    Others receiving 12 or more points: 11,
    Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 29. 12,
    Magnolia Sandy Valley 20. 13, Canton Central
    Catholic 18. 14, Doylestown Chippewa 12....The top four teams in region 16 are listed in the top 10 Div 5 state ranking. I believe the Bobcats and all four teams can play with Coldwater.
    I do not ... Coldwater is a powerhouse in DIV V and the Chipps in the last two years with much better defense looked pathetic against them ...

  7. #357
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    (26) 8-0 260
    2, Wheelersburg 8-0 222
    3, Chillicothe Zane Trace 8-0 179
    4, Millbury Lake 8-0 175
    5, Brookville 8-0 153
    6, Columbiana Crestview 7-1 105
    7, Milan Edison 7-1 691, Coldwater
    8, Cadiz Harrison Central 7-1 62
    9, Creston Norwayne 7-1 47
    10, Swanton 7-1 40
    Others receiving 12 or more points: 11,
    Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy 29. 12,
    Magnolia Sandy Valley 20. 13, Canton Central
    Catholic 18. 14, Doylestown Chippewa 12....The top four teams in region 16 are listed in the top 10 Div 5 state ranking. I believe the Bobcats and all four teams can play with Coldwater.
    Paul,
    I'll have what your having!!!!!!!! There is nobody in D5 that will play with Coldwater! You obviously have not seen them play, or you wouldn't have made that comment. I'll gladly give you Norwayne and 30 if it happens!

  8. #358
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by UrADork View Post
    Agreed ...
    This is not a mentally tough Chippewa team. It seems like when a team takes their best shot, or doesn't fold, the Chipps crumble. Lately they have played with little emotion, and haven't displayed much heart. Congrats to Smithville last week. However, there is no question Chippewa laid down and quit in the second half. Their defense showed no aggressiveness, or intensity, and by the last drive appeared to avoid the ball carrier. They will have trouble this week; because Hillsdale won't go away.

  9. #359
    Chief Shenanigans Officer O-Trap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14,994
    Rep Power
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Wcal observer View Post
    This is not a mentally tough Chippewa team. It seems like when a team takes their best shot, or doesn't fold, the Chipps crumble. Lately they have played with little emotion, and haven't displayed much heart. Congrats to Smithville last week. However, there is no question Chippewa laid down and quit in the second half. Their defense showed no aggressiveness, or intensity, and by the last drive appeared to avoid the ball carrier. They will have trouble this week; because Hillsdale won't go away.
    I haven't seen Chippewa play, but Hillsdale is mentally a pretty tough team. I assume that stems, in part, from the coaching staff having them both strategically and mentally prepared. I genuinely think this is a defining game for Chippewa. Let's see how they respond when their backs are against the wall.
    "When has anyone ever been persuaded by being insulted or labeled? [...] That's why people wait until they're in the voting booth. No one's watching anymore. There's no blame or shame or anything, and you can finally say what you really think, and that is a powerful thing." - Thomas Walker as Jonathan Pie

  10. #360
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    12
    Chippewa left at least 14 points on the field last week with dropped passes in the end zone. For whatever reason, they just aren't a resilient group. I think they've read too many headlines, and message boards. They are no way as talented as most people claim them to be. I have felt this all year, and have stated so. The waynedale following was saying how talented they were because of the score. However, if you look at that game, it was 0-0 with 6 minutes before the half. If that Waynedale td wouldn't have been called back, it would have been a much different game. It wasn't till right before the half where things went their way, and the confidence did as well. That night Waynedale did the same thing Chippewa did last week. I'm hoping the kids wake up and realize it's week 8, and they only have a few games left to play in their lives.

  11. #361
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wcal observer View Post
    Chippewa left at least 14 points on the field last week with dropped passes in the end zone. For whatever reason, they just aren't a resilient group. I think they've read too many headlines, and message boards. They are no way as talented as most people claim them to be. I have felt this all year, and have stated so. The waynedale following was saying how talented they were because of the score. However, if you look at that game, it was 0-0 with 6 minutes before the half. If that Waynedale td wouldn't have been called back, it would have been a much different game. It wasn't till right before the half where things went their way, and the confidence did as well. That night Waynedale did the same thing Chippewa did last week. I'm hoping the kids wake up and realize it's week 8, and they only have a few games left to play in their lives.
    It's the coaches fault!!!!! Oh wait, sorry...I thought I was a Waynedale fan there for a second where I had to blame it all on the coaching! The Chipps have definitely left some points out there and didn't make plays down the stretch. It happens, these are HS kids. Hats off to Smithville. Should be a great game at Hillsdale. Just goes to show how tough the WCAL is every week and you have to come to play or you're going to struggle!

  12. #362
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Should be a good matchup friday night with the Cats heading over to NWN. Thoughts?

  13. #363
    Chief Shenanigans Officer O-Trap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14,994
    Rep Power
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyjoe View Post
    Should be a good matchup friday night with the Cats heading over to NWN. Thoughts?
    I think the Bobcats win this one by maybe 3-4 scores. Northwestern is actually a pretty good team, but Norwayne has emerged as the best in a conference that is playing well.
    "When has anyone ever been persuaded by being insulted or labeled? [...] That's why people wait until they're in the voting booth. No one's watching anymore. There's no blame or shame or anything, and you can finally say what you really think, and that is a powerful thing." - Thomas Walker as Jonathan Pie

  14. #364
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wcal observer View Post
    Chippewa left at least 14 points on the field last week with dropped passes in the end zone. For whatever reason, they just aren't a resilient group. I think they've read too many headlines, and message boards. They are no way as talented as most people claim them to be. I have felt this all year, and have stated so. The waynedale following was saying how talented they were because of the score. However, if you look at that game, it was 0-0 with 6 minutes before the half. If that Waynedale td wouldn't have been called back, it would have been a much different game. It wasn't till right before the half where things went their way, and the confidence did as well. That night Waynedale did the same thing Chippewa did last week. I'm hoping the kids wake up and realize it's week 8, and they only have a few games left to play in their lives.
    Smithville left points on the field also....dropped end zone pass, not converting inside opponents 30, penalties. Chipps mistakes didn't decide the game.

  15. #365
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck sweep View Post
    Smithville left points on the field also....dropped end zone pass, not converting inside opponents 30, penalties. Chipps mistakes didn't decide the game.
    i would agree!!!

  16. #366
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck sweep View Post
    Smithville left points on the field also....dropped end zone pass, not converting inside opponents 30, penalties. Chipps mistakes didn't decide the game.
    Did anyone say mistakes cost the game? Nope...Chippewa QUIT in the second half! Congrats to Smithville for winning and not quitting! Chippewa's effort, particularly on defense was embarrassing. This is not a knock on Smithville, so take a deep breath!!! That whole post said nothing about Smithville, it was all about Chippewa not being as good as most think, and the need for the players to do some soul searching.

  17. #367
    Chief Shenanigans Officer O-Trap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14,994
    Rep Power
    91
    Everyone together ...

    "When has anyone ever been persuaded by being insulted or labeled? [...] That's why people wait until they're in the voting booth. No one's watching anymore. There's no blame or shame or anything, and you can finally say what you really think, and that is a powerful thing." - Thomas Walker as Jonathan Pie

  18. #368
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Wayne County
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Wcal observer View Post
    Did anyone say mistakes cost the game? Nope...Chippewa QUIT in the second half! Congrats to Smithville for winning and not quitting! Chippewa's effort, particularly on defense was embarrassing. This is not a knock on Smithville, so take a deep breath!!! That whole post said nothing about Smithville, it was all about Chippewa not being as good as most think, and the need for the players to do some soul searching.
    They definitely went flat in 2nd half ... same thing happened against Norwayne as well ... They have lost an edge when it is close or the referees call against them ... not the refs fault just saying

  19. #369
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0
    Flat in the 2nd half? See the Bears vs Chippewa! OR what about squandering away a 38-20 lead to be outscored 27-3 in the 2nd half at Norwayne? 14-7? Halftime score vs Northwestern? This post could go on for a long time. We can only pray that the Bears are mentally prepared and/or halftime adjustments or made if need be! I would hate to fall victim to Rittman yet again.

  20. #370
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Anyone follow the Chipp coach on Twitter? he always sends out a congratulations and good luck to the teams he beats but nothing for Norwayne or my Smithies last week! He seems to be a little edgy when they lose especially with his own fans, I was at their Norwayne game and saw him get into it with one of them and then take out his frustration even more on twitter.

    Been a long time reader but first time poster as I thought this needed brought up with all the role model and sportsmanship things discussed on this thread

  21. #371
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    12
    Just curious what was mentioned as even more on Twitter? There has never been ANYTHING mentioned on there derogatory. Need to get your facts straight. I can assure you he is highly regarded by his students, peers, and members of the community. I'm sure you are fully aware of this from attending so many Chippewa functions. Regardless, please provide all of these frustrating tweets so we can all be enlightened. They are all there, and last I checked nothing! So again, before you want to question someone's character be accurate. You want to question play calling, and X's and O's that's one thing, but lying is another thing. Sorry your so insecure that you need to be reassured via Twitter for winning a game.
    Lost a ton of respect for Smithville this past week. Why the need to jump in a conversation that says nothing about your program, and try to justify your performance? You weren't mentioned! Now this one needs to be congratulated via Twitter, and wants to slander an individual via a method where one can clearly see is a lie! Unless not kissing your *** is a crime. I realize winning on a regular basis hasn't been the norm for awhile, but learn to do so with class. That's not for all Smithie fans, just for those that the shoe fits.
    Last edited by O-Trap; 10.22.2015 at 01:52 PM.

  22. #372
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithie View Post
    Anyone follow the Chipp coach on Twitter? he always sends out a congratulations and good luck to the teams he beats but nothing for Norwayne or my Smithies last week! He seems to be a little edgy when they lose especially with his own fans, I was at their Norwayne game and saw him get into it with one of them and then take out his frustration even more on twitter.

    Been a long time reader but first time poster as I thought this needed brought up with all the role model and sportsmanship things discussed on this thread
    This doesn't make any sense if you are a Smithville fan. You went to the Smithville/Chippewa game, but then you went to Norwayne/Chippewa?? You should have been at the Smithville/Northwestern game that week, and you can't say you were a scout because you would have been at the Rittman game scouting for Smithville. I'm calling BS on your post because if you really were there seeing what happened you would have seen the liquored up fan screaming at the coach and the police officer telling the guy to zip it or be removed. And his Twitter is about as boring and professional as you can get from a coach.

  23. #373
    Chief Shenanigans Officer O-Trap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14,994
    Rep Power
    91
    I don't think Smithie intended to desparage the coach. He merely asked about something. I'm not sure the indignation in response was quite warranted.

    Personally, I know little to nil about the Chippewa coach, except that he's got his team playing pretty darn well this year. I remember days when Chippewa was a chronic middle-of-the-pack WCAL team, so it's nice to see that they've come about and excelled in the league.

    As for the injection of Smithville into the conversation about Chippewa's trouble buckling down in tough spots (my own paraphrase), I think there were people just wanting to ensure that the credit for the Smithville win does not rest exclusively on the shoulders of Chippewa allegedly giving the game away. I don't suppose I can fault someone for thinking credit for the win is due the winning team and wanting to see it recognized. I probably wouldn't have spoken up, myself, but I get it.

    We all just need to take a deep breath. This league play has been pretty much what we expected. No teams are undefeated, and only one of them has just one loss. And in league play, almost everyone has at least two losses. The parity, when coupled with the level of play, is quite exciting this year, and while that can cause tempers to be short, we could all stand to be reminded that this is a game played by young men of whom we are proud. Whether we live in the town, or whether we were raised in the town, or whether we have loved ones involved on the team, we are all proud of what these young men are doing, and so we cheer them on. Yeah, we get defensive of them from time to time, but we need to remember that when someone else does this, it's only because they also care about their own respective loyalties, just as we do our own.

    The WCAL has raised the level of play, mostly across the board. It's something I've wanted to see since back when I played, and I'm betting there are others on here who have been wanting to see it for even longer. It's here, and frankly put, I'm not only proud of my Smithies, but also of the league entirely. I'm willing to bet I'm not alone.

    So let's just try to get along. We can disagree, and we can talk about it. But let's do so while recognizing that our willingness to engage in disagreement stems from the pride we have in these teams, and let's disagree while maintaining some level of respect toward all parties involved.
    "When has anyone ever been persuaded by being insulted or labeled? [...] That's why people wait until they're in the voting booth. No one's watching anymore. There's no blame or shame or anything, and you can finally say what you really think, and that is a powerful thing." - Thomas Walker as Jonathan Pie

  24. #374
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    12
    O-Trap, I understand the point your making, but nothing was said that insinuated anything about Smithville, or them not deserving the win. In fact I congratulated them for not giving up when down, and being the stronger minded team. Have we become so sensitive as a society that we feel we need to be justified for everything we do now a days? The point is, the conversation had NOTHING to do with Smithville, and ALL about the lack of resiliency Chippewa has shown at times this year.
    I will say I disagree totally with your assumption he was asking a question. When you clearly state he witnessed an interaction ( one which he did not have the facts), and then says he takes out even more of his frustration on Twitter those are clear cut accusations. I challenge you, and anyone else to look at his account and tell me ONE instance where this took place? I only ask one, because there are NONE. That statement from Smithie is a fabrication, and defamation of character, not a question. If someone where to criticize my performance at work, I would be open to actual feedback based on facts. However, God help them if they wanted to fabricate information about me, or my performance. Many of us question, and argue over personnel decisions, play calling, and other strategies, but this is the first time someone has deliberately made false accusations about someone's character to the best if my knowledge. The only question stated was do you read his Twitter; after that it's nothing more than an attack on character. He finalizes it by saying I just thought this needed to be mentioned as we discuss sportsmanship. That is a far cry from just asking something.

  25. #375
    Chief Shenanigans Officer O-Trap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14,994
    Rep Power
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Wcal observer View Post
    O-Trap, I understand the point your making, but nothing was said that insinuated anything about Smithville, or them not deserving the win. In fact I congratulated them for not giving up when down, and being the stronger minded team. Have we become so sensitive as a society that we feel we need to be justified for everything we do now a days? The point is, the conversation had NOTHING to do with Smithville, and ALL about the lack of resiliency Chippewa has shown at times this year.
    I understand, and I can completely see why it probably felt like someone was interjecting when it didn't feel pertinent. I only stated that they might have interpreted the discussion on Chippewa's lack of resiliency as the deciding component in the outcome. I didn't personally read it that way, but I try to assume the most innocent of circumstances whenever possible. So, if it was possible that the discussion was interpreted that way, I usually try to give the benefit of the doubt. Reading the post and its reply simply caught me off-guard because of this, but just as I assume the best of intentions from his interjection, I also try to assume the most innocent intentions in the reply. I'm sure you weren't trying to be belligerent. I'm just trying to assume the same to most people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wcal observer View Post
    I will say I disagree totally with your assumption he was asking a question. When you clearly state he witnessed an interaction ( one which he did not have the facts), and then says he takes out even more of his frustration on Twitter those are clear cut accusations. I challenge you, and anyone else to look at his account and tell me ONE instance where this took place? I only ask one, because there are NONE. That statement from Smithie is a fabrication, and defamation of character, not a question. If someone where to criticize my performance at work, I would be open to actual feedback based on facts. However, God help them if they wanted to fabricate information about me, or my performance. Many of us question, and argue over personnel decisions, play calling, and other strategies, but this is the first time someone has deliberately made false accusations about someone's character to the best if my knowledge. The only question stated was do you read his Twitter; after that it's nothing more than an attack on character. He finalizes it by saying I just thought this needed to be mentioned as we discuss sportsmanship. That is a far cry from just asking something.
    You might be right. He might have been doing more than just asking. He started by noting the (alleged, as I haven't seen it) absence of well wishes for the two teams that have beat his. As for what else he has posted on Twitter, I can't be a judge of whether or not it's able to be interpreted as edgy or not. I haven't seen it. I barely get on Twitter anymore, anyway.

    I can say this: I do hope he wasn't trying to stir the pot. I'd hate to think we have to devolve to that on here.
    "When has anyone ever been persuaded by being insulted or labeled? [...] That's why people wait until they're in the voting booth. No one's watching anymore. There's no blame or shame or anything, and you can finally say what you really think, and that is a powerful thing." - Thomas Walker as Jonathan Pie

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •