Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The WCAL 2017

STILL doing all I can to expose the fakes known as Hunter86 & 1_beast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_beast View Post
    Same team your boy ruined last year minus Purdy. 1-9, 0-10. Still constructing a new atmosphere...has to start from the ground up. Unfortunately, the damage has been done. Now its going to take time. Rome wasnt built in a day...BUT it was felled rather quickly once the walls started to crumble. The cupboard was left bare. Noble would have been.... well, I dont have to tell you....or do I?
    "Still constructing"....whew, I feel so much better now. So I would think we should at least improve on the 1-9 record because it can't get much worse, right? Wait....yes..it..could....hmmmmmmmm

"Noble would have been..." Do you really want to know what noble would have been? Do you REALLY want to go down that road?

He's still watching....

Got a BIG game coming this Friday! Norwayne at Smithville!!! These two seem evenly matched but the Bobcats will be *issed after the loss to Dalton. Norwayne does run a more diverse offensive attack than the Smithies. The Smithie defense is vastly improved from last year, could be a great game!!

This is the big one!

Quote Originally Posted by oldsmithie View Post
    Got a BIG game coming this Friday! Norwayne at Smithville!!! These two seem evenly matched but the Bobcats will be *issed after the loss to Dalton. Norwayne does run a more diverse offensive attack than the Smithies. The Smithie defense is vastly improved from last year, could be a great game!!
    As a smithie fan this is the one that scares me. Norwayne will give us all we can handle and then some. Our defensive front 7 is the best I have seen in years. We have lights out linebackers and a nose tackle that can't be moved and defensive ends that are play makers. But their balanced offense will pose are real threat to our undefeated season. If we can get past Norwayne and that is a big if, look out Dalton the dirty 30 is coming. We will have to be at our very best to have a chance.
    Last edited by green machine; 09.25.2017 at 03:09 PM.

This will be the first game against a decent opponent for Smithville. They really haven't played anyone. They beat:
    A 1-4 Tuslaw team,
    A 3-2 Triway team (whose wins are against teams with a combined 1-14 record)
    A 1-4 Crestwood team
    And 2-3 Northwestern and Rittman squads.
    Not really a meat grinder schedule.

I don't think Norwayne has played a great schedule as well, but going toe to toe with Dalton is a big statement.

I like Norwayne in this game by less then a touchdown since it's at Smithville. Will be a great game by two teams that will be playing week 11.

Smithville will need to play MUCH better then they did last week against Rittman or this one is over at the half. Smithies Oline has been a weak point and needs to improve if they wanna score against a physical Norwayne defense. Play calling has been very predictable as well, let's hope the coaches can add something new to keep Norwayne from keying on what everyone knows is coming

I was impressed with Rittman last week. They play hard and run the ball well.
    This week.
    Norwayne over Smithville. Nothing worse than an angry cat, could be a 14 point difference.
    Dalton takes it to Chippewa.
    Hillsdale wins a high scoring but close game over Rittman.
    Northwestern takes years of Louie being a jerk out on Waynedale. Gonna be ugly. Best coach in the league vs. the worst.

From what I hear, there will only be a year of excuses and then a new coach for the bears next year. Has been the plan the whole time.

Chief Shenanigans Officer O-Trap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WooVader View Post
    I was impressed with Rittman last week. They play hard and run the ball well.
    This week.
    Norwayne over Smithville. Nothing worse than an angry cat, could be a 14 point difference.
    Dalton takes it to Chippewa.
    Hillsdale wins a high scoring but close game over Rittman.
    Northwestern takes years of Louie being a jerk out on Waynedale. Gonna be ugly. Best coach in the league vs. the worst.

From what I hear, there will only be a year of excuses and then a new coach for the bears next year. Has been the plan the whole time.
    Is Thut still over at Northwestern? He's gotta be the most tenured coach with a current WCAL team, I would think. Been there since, what, 2000 or so?
    "When has anyone ever been persuaded by being insulted or labeled? [...] That's why people wait until they're in the voting booth. No one's watching anymore. There's no blame or shame or anything, and you can finally say what you really think, and that is a powerful thing." - Thomas Walker as Jonathan Pie

Yes Thut is still at Northwestern. I think he is the most tenured coach be quite a bit. Does things the right way, unlike some new coach in the league.

Yes Thut is still at Northwestern. I think he is the most tenured coach be quite a bit. Does things the right way, unlike some new coach in the league.
    I'm familiar with Thut's coaching style. He learned from the WCAL's GOAT. It's no surprise he does things the right way.
    "When has anyone ever been persuaded by being insulted or labeled? [...] That's why people wait until they're in the voting booth. No one's watching anymore. There's no blame or shame or anything, and you can finally say what you really think, and that is a powerful thing." - Thomas Walker as Jonathan Pie

I still think the Smithville Norwayne game is going to be a dandy!! Norwayne is a very good team but they are not as good as they were a year ago and for all the nay sayers, Smithville is much improved from a year ago! Last season Smithville lost the close games, so far this season they have won the close ones! Not predicting a Smithie win just saying it will be a good game!

I still think the Smithville Norwayne game is going to be a dandy!! Norwayne is a very good team but they are not as good as they were a year ago and for all the nay sayers, Smithville is much improved from a year ago! Last season Smithville lost the close games, so far this season they have won the close ones! Not predicting a Smithie win just saying it will be a good game!
    Do you happen to know whether or not this is going to be the game on WKQT? I'm going to be out of state for the game, but I'd love to be able to listen to it, and I know WQKT streams their station over the web.

O-Trap, the Dalton/Chippewa game is on WQKT but all the Smithville games have been broadcast live at http://locallivesports.com

O-Trap, the Dalton/Chippewa game is on WQKT but all the Smithville games have been broadcast live at http://locallivesports.com
    I never knew about this.

This might bring about some changes in my life on Friday nights in the fall.

local live sports does not have a Smithville broadcasting team anymore. there is a new broadcasting team called TNT sports internet broadcasting they broadcast all the Smithville Smithie games over the internet via your laptop smart phone or computer. Http://tntbroadcasting.wix.com/smithies. Just click on listen live and enjoy the game every Friday night

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by green machine; 09.28.2017 at 02:33 PM.

Good luck and stay healthy to everyone.

I was wondering and got to looking. The last WCAL team to go 0 - 10 was Chippewa in 2011. The Chips had a couple other 0 - 10 seasons since 2000 and so has Rittman. Are there any schools in the league that have never gone 0 - 10? When was the last time each school has? Anybody know? I thought there would have been more since 2000, apparently it is pretty hard to do.

Good luck and stay healthy to everyone.

I was wondering and got to looking. The last WCAL team to go 0 - 10 was Chippewa in 2011. The Chips had a couple other 0 - 10 seasons since 2000 and so has Rittman. Are there any schools in the league that have never gone 0 - 10? When was the last time each school has? Anybody know? I thought there would have been more since 2000, apparently it is pretty hard to do.
    Vader unfortunately you are wrong...the last WCAL team to go 0-10 was the 2012 Golden Bears. I'm hoping we won't see a repeat of that this year. I'm sure we won't, right beast?!?!?!?!

So much for research, I missed that team when I was looking. Ironically it is this years bears team that got me looking. I was wondering if they were going to make school history.

Very competitive wcal season so far. Dalton looking good, but probably glad to see the bears next week as they have been hit by injuries to two key two-way starters. Although I have not seen waynedale, the teams right above them in the standings, rittman, chippewa, are all tough and go hard. Northwestern and hillsdale look very game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wcalfan View Post
    Vader unfortunately you are wrong...the last WCAL team to go 0-10 was the 2012 Golden Bears. I'm hoping we won't see a repeat of that this year. I'm sure we won't, right beast?!?!?!?!

I wonder why?
    Last edited by wcalfan; 10.01.2017 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1486wd View Post
    Very competitive wcal season so far. Dalton looking good, but probably glad to see the bears next week as they have been hit by injuries to two key two-way starters. Although I have not seen waynedale, the teams right above them in the standings, rittman, chippewa, are all tough and go hard. Northwestern and hillsdale look very game as well.
    I think Dalton is in pretty good shape looking ahead. Hate to see kids get hurt.

Yep, in small school football, you lose two players and you often lose 4 starters. Neither one looked season ending to me but I'm no doctor. Regardless, I would sit them this week even if they could go

Well so much for my Smithies! lol took it on the chin from Norwayne!! Need to play a good game this week to avoid the upset by Chippewa! The answer to your question WooVader, the only WCAL team to never go 0-10 is Smithville! plenty of 1-9 but never 0-10.

I wasn't sure if Smithville was the only school, but that was my hunch. After seeing Norwayne I'm afraid of how good is Dalton.

Thoughts on this week.

Smithville over Chippewa. I think this will be a close game with Chippewa being a physical team. A problem for the Smithies.
    Dalton crushes Waynedale. Even if Waynedale had a decent coach, which they sure don't, this game would be ugly. Just a four more games for the Bears and then maybe they can get better.
    Northwestern over Rittman. Two teams that I can't figure out. How did Rittman get smoked by Hillsdale after they made Smithvlle work for a win? How did the Huskies only win by 14 last week?
    Norwayne over Hillsdale. Norwayne is a well-rounded team. Not sure about Hillsdale, how do you lose to Northwestern if you want to compete with the top 3 teams?

So, for fun, I decided to see what Dalton's rank would be in other regions.

Good lord ...

D1R1: 7th
    D1R2: 4th
    D1R3: 7th
    D1R4: 3rd
    D2R5: 3rd
    D2R6: 6th
    D2R7: 3rd
    D2R8: 6th
    D3R9: 3rd
    D3R10: 5th
    D3R11: 3rd
    D3R12: 3rd
    D4R13: 3rd
    D4R14: 2nd
    D4R15: 1st
    D4R16: 6th
    D5R17: 2nd
    D5R18: 3rd
    D5R19: 3rd
    D5R20: 1st
    D6R21: 3rd
    D6R22: 1st
    D6R23: 2nd
    D6R24: 2nd
    D7R25: (1st ... this is their region)
    D7R26: 1st
    D7R27: 1st
    D7R28: 1st

Some observations:

Despite being the (I believe) smallest school in the conference, they would make the playoffs in every single region if playoffs were to start tomorrow.

Regions in which they'd have a home game as of now:
    D1: 2
    D2: 2
    D3: 3
    D4: 3
    D5: 4
    D6: 4
    D7: 4

In Region 7, they'd be less than 1 point behind 5-1 Massillon Washington.

Obviously, that doesn't mean they're as good as teams they'd be above in all those other regions and higher divisions. It's just to say that they've been REALLY impressive this year, and I look forward to seeing how far they go in the playoffs (they probably already have enough points to be in).

I wasn't sure if Smithville was the only school, but that was my hunch. After seeing Norwayne I'm afraid of how good is Dalton.

Thoughts on this week.

Smithville over Chippewa. I think this will be a close game with Chippewa being a physical team. A problem for the Smithies.
    Dalton crushes Waynedale. Even if Waynedale had a decent coach, which they sure don't, this game would be ugly. Just a four more games for the Bears and then maybe they can get better.
    Northwestern over Rittman. Two teams that I can't figure out. How did Rittman get smoked by Hillsdale after they made Smithvlle work for a win? How did the Huskies only win by 14 last week?
    Norwayne over Hillsdale. Norwayne is a well-rounded team. Not sure about Hillsdale, how do you lose to Northwestern if you want to compete with the top 3 teams?
    The pure GOLD is while you keep trying to be an internet bad ***...we are NOT in uncharted waters. LOLOL Thats right, a tenured coach, with his system in place, compiled the 1st EVER 0-10 season. Keep dancing puppet(s)! LOLOLOL
    Last edited by O-Trap; 10.06.2017 at 11:51 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast