Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The WCAL 2017

Smithville vs. Norwayne, Smithville vs. Dalton, and Norwayne vs. Dalton should be great games. Agree with most of post about Waynedale. Went to Triway game hoping it would be a good game with them being Wayne County rivals. Disappointed!! There used to be a lot of posters from Bear country. Where did they go?

Im right here! Nothing to post about, however since you seem so concerned "Woo", whats wrong in your area? This was hyped to be the year of the general!

(Took the bait)

(((Bait cast)))

Quote Originally Posted by 1_beast View Post
    Im right here! Nothing to post about, however since you seem so concerned "Woo", whats wrong in your area? This was hyped to be the year of the general!

(Took the bait)

(((Bait cast)))
    No opinion at all?

You can say what you want about Wooster. Not where I went to school or who I care about.

Good luck to all the WCAL. Stay healthy

Dalton, Hillsdale, Norwayne and Smithville all go to 4-0 !!!! Bobcats and Bulldogs square off this coming friday!!!!!

STILL doing all I can to expose the fakes known as Hunter86 & 1_beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldest Rider2 View Post
    No opinion at all?
    He's tight lipped now...wonder why?

I see you are too. Just sayin.

Good win for Smithville. Other top teams get their wins vs. little sisters of the poor.

Looking at schedule, Norwayne has 4 big weeks ahead of them playing Dalton, Smithville, Hillsdale, then Northwestern. Tough break with the schedule.

Is a 23 point game considered a close game in the Creek?

Quote Originally Posted by WooVader View Post
    Good win for Smithville. Other top teams get their wins vs. little sisters of the poor.

Looking at schedule, Norwayne has 4 big weeks ahead of them playing Dalton, Smithville, Hillsdale, then Northwestern. Tough break with the schedule.

Is a 23 point game considered a close game in the Creek?

You're not going to get much from beast...hits too close to home....

What are the odds that Waynedale wins a game this year? I think their only chance is Rittman. I'm not sure that happens after what I witnessed. The only reason they would win that game is sheer numbers and better talent.

Dalton still looking like the runaway champion.
    Smithville looks to be the challenger.
    Norwayne and Hillsdale right behind.
    Northwestern and Chippewa are better than the basement.
    Waynedale barely stays out of the basement based on talent and numbers, but coaching could put them in the basement.
    Rittman is Rittman.

Dalton and Norwayne

Quote Originally Posted by Oldest Rider2 View Post
    What are the odds that Waynedale wins a game this year? I think their only chance is Rittman. I'm not sure that happens after what I witnessed. The only reason they would win that game is sheer numbers and better talent.

Dalton still looking like the runaway champion.
    Smithville looks to be the challenger.
    Norwayne and Hillsdale right behind.
    Northwestern and Chippewa are better than the basement.
    Waynedale barely stays out of the basement based on talent and numbers, but coaching could put them in the basement.
    Rittman is Rittman.
    I think Dalton and Norwayne are the cream of the crop when it comes to WCAL. I put Smithville right behind both of them. I think Smithville matches up better with Dalton. Dalton averages over 300 yards rushing a game, but Smithville is awesome against the run. I believe in 3 out of the 4 games Smithville's opponents have had less than 10 rushing as team at the half. Most if not all of the opponents rushing yardage as come in garbage time in the 4th quarter. Another reason for the increase in opponents rushing yardage in the 4th is fatigue. 18 of the 22 positions are filled by 2 way starters. I seen a tired defense this past week. Norwayne is way more balanced and I think will cause more trouble for Smithville. This week's game between Dalton and Norwayne will probably determine the champion. If smithville can stay healthy there is no reason they should not be playing in November.

I agree with green machine, Dalton and Norwayne are the teams to beat! Smithville will have their hands full with both these teams and I think Hillsdale and Chippewa will give Smithville a game. If all the Smithies stay healthy, I see the Green and White going 8-2 and making the playoffs. I actually see 4 WCAL teams making the post season. Norwayne and Smithville in Region 21, Hillsdale in region 22 and Dalton in region 25.

a long year, with first four opponents combined record of 13-3, 4-0 Dalton, Norwayne and Smithville ahead on the schedule. That's alot of wins vs few losses. WCALfanboi you can STFU behind your hidden moniker. I'll always be a Bear. I still keep pulling your strings, LOL. Now dance puppet.

My picks for this week:
    Dalton over Norwayne in a great game. I think Dalton has more experience in some key areas.
    Smithville over Rittman. Could be ugly.
    Chippewa over Waynedale. Coaching
    Northwestern over Hillsdale. Thut owns Hillsdale

Good evaluation by G Machine. I predict a 3-way tie at the end of the season.

For the above post. I guess things are different when it's family. Good thing Matt didn't have any parents, wife or kids.

a long year, with first four opponents combined record of 13-3, 4-0 Dalton, Norwayne and Smithville ahead on the schedule. That's alot of wins vs few losses. WCALfanboi you can STFU behind your hidden moniker. I'll always be a Bear. I still keep pulling your strings, LOL. Now dance puppet.
    Sounds eerily similar to the last few years.

I will say, rittman played tough against dalton last week - they were overmatched but didn't quit. Rb was tough

Quote Originally Posted by wcalfan View Post
    ​ATTA BOY!

Good stuff wcalfan.

Good luck to all and stay healthy.

​ATTA BOY

OK, we are at the halfway point. beast...what is your mid-season assessment of the Bears?

psssssst....just remember though....you know who is watching!
    Last edited by wcalfan; 09.24.2017 at 08:05 PM.

Chief Shenanigans Officer O-Trap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsmithie View Post
    I agree with green machine, Dalton and Norwayne are the teams to beat! Smithville will have their hands full with both these teams and I think Hillsdale and Chippewa will give Smithville a game. If all the Smithies stay healthy, I see the Green and White going 8-2 and making the playoffs. I actually see 4 WCAL teams making the post season. Norwayne and Smithville in Region 21, Hillsdale in region 22 and Dalton in region 25.
    I think Dalton already probably controls their own destiny.

Actually, they already have more points than the 8 seed did last year in that region. So, in theory, they might already have enough Harbin points to earn a spot in the playoffs.
    "When has anyone ever been persuaded by being insulted or labeled? [...] That's why people wait until they're in the voting booth. No one's watching anymore. There's no blame or shame or anything, and you can finally say what you really think, and that is a powerful thing." - Thomas Walker as Jonathan Pie

Dalton is good....scary good. Especially in D7. Only team that even gives them a game in that region is Cuyahoga Heights. I see Dalton as a legit D7 semi-final/finals team this year. Hopefully, their QB makes a recovery because he makes them dynamic. The line is just big and nasty.

I think Hillsdale and Smithville could give them a game, but Dalton should prevail. Smithville, Norwayne, Dalton and Hillsdale should all be playoff teams, I agree.

Chippewa and Northwestern are the next tier and when they play should be an excellent matchup. Rittman and Waynedale will be a battle for the bottom, but I can easily see the Bears at 0-10.

OK, we are at the halfway point. beast...what is your mid-season assessment of the Bears?

psssssst....just remember though....you know who is watching!
    Same team your boy ruined last year minus Purdy. 1-9, 0-10. Still constructing a new atmosphere...has to start from the ground up. Unfortunately, the damage has been done. Now its going to take time. Rome wasnt built in a day...BUT it was felled rather quickly once the walls started to crumble. The cupboard was left bare. Noble would have been.... well, I dont have to tell you....or do I?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast