Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 231

Thread: College Football Playoff Thread

  1. #201
    Senior Member Spock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toledo
    Posts
    2,853
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcats20 View Post
    Right. The only people upset were Penn State fans(can't really blame them), OSU haters, and Clay Travis.
    You forgot Mark May

  2. #202
    Son of the Sun Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Intoxicatopia
    Posts
    18,818
    Rep Power
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    You forgot Mark May
    I see "OSU haters" in his post, so you're wrong.
    My Magical List of Video Game Reviews! -- Read and Make Awed Comments About My Awesomeitude!

  3. #203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,180
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    You don't know what a bye is.
    You don't know how a 6 team playoff schedule would even look. In the quarterfinals, 6 plays 3 and 5 plays 4 with 1 and 2 getting byes. If they played that in mid-December, they would probably play the semifinals on New Year's Day, and have a bye week during the week of Christmas.

  4. #204
    In ROY I Trust!! wildcats20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Delaware, OH
    Posts
    27,794
    Rep Power
    72
    And also Mark May doesn't even register with me anymore. The dude doesn't have a job.
    "God must be a Tar Heel, because the sky is Carolina Blue!!"

  5. #205
    Senior Member SportsAndLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    35,632
    Rep Power
    191

  6. #206
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,582
    Rep Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    You don't know how a 6 team playoff schedule would even look. In the quarterfinals, 6 plays 3 and 5 plays 4 with 1 and 2 getting byes. If they played that in mid-December, they would probably play the semifinals on New Year's Day, and have a bye week during the week of Christmas.
    Exactly and I don't like 2 teams getting byes. Everyone should have to play the same amount of games.
    WCM pledge

  7. #207
    Senior Member FatHobbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,651
    Rep Power
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsAndLady View Post
    I hate to agree with him, but I do
    Craig James killed five hookers.

  8. #208
    Senior Member FatHobbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,651
    Rep Power
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcats20 View Post
    Right. The only people upset were Penn State fans(can't really blame them), OSU haters, and Clay Travis.
    I wouldn't say I was upset but I definitely thought PSU got screwed last year.
    Craig James killed five hookers.

  9. #209
    GOAT Laley23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29,505
    Rep Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    Exactly and I don't like 2 teams getting byes. Everyone should have to play the same amount of games.
    Isnt this a great incentive to be 1-2 though? Play really good games in non-con in hopes of winning and making resume as good as possible for the last at-large (or 1-2 vs 3-4 vs 5), but knowing a loss doesn't mean anything, because you can still win conference with 4 losses.

    I think it will eliminate a lot of games that are currently played and end up 70-7.
    There's nothing more nerve racking than waiting in the McDonald's drive thru at 10:57 and wanting breakfast. -- Cody Zeller

  10. #210
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,582
    Rep Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Laley23 View Post
    Isnt this a great incentive to be 1-2 though? Play really good games in non-con in hopes of winning and making resume as good as possible for the last at-large (or 1-2 vs 3-4 vs 5), but knowing a loss doesn't mean anything, because you can still win conference with 4 losses.

    I think it will eliminate a lot of games that are currently played and end up 70-7.
    If I trusted the process, yes it would be incentive.
    WCM pledge

  11. #211
    Administrator Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    49,362
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Laley23 View Post
    Isnt this a great incentive to be 1-2 though? Play really good games in non-con in hopes of winning and making resume as good as possible for the last at-large (or 1-2 vs 3-4 vs 5), but knowing a loss doesn't mean anything, because you can still win conference with 4 losses.

    I think it will eliminate a lot of games that are currently played and end up 70-7.
    I like how the NFL playoffs work. Would love to see this.

  12. #212
    Senior Member Verbal Kint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    San Pedro PD
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    10
    FCS is 24 teams, so 8 teams get a bye
    D2 is 28 teams, so top seed in each of the 4 regions get a bye

    So, there is precedence even thou the FBS playoff is not a "sanctioned" event

  13. #213
    In ROY I Trust!! wildcats20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Delaware, OH
    Posts
    27,794
    Rep Power
    72
    Committee gives Bama another top 25 win in Fresno State. Laughable
    "God must be a Tar Heel, because the sky is Carolina Blue!!"

  14. #214
    Senior Member SportsAndLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    35,632
    Rep Power
    191
    8 for OSU.

  15. #215
    In ROY I Trust!! wildcats20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Delaware, OH
    Posts
    27,794
    Rep Power
    72
    1. Clemson
    2. Auburn
    3. Oklahoma
    4. Wisconsin
    5. Alabama
    6. Georgia
    7. Miami
    8. Ohio State
    9. Penn State
    10. USC

    It's not gonna happen for OSU. Fiesta or Cotton for OSU with a win vs Wisky, most likely.
    "God must be a Tar Heel, because the sky is Carolina Blue!!"

  16. #216
    In ROY I Trust!! wildcats20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Delaware, OH
    Posts
    27,794
    Rep Power
    72
    Fresno State lost to UNLV. But the committee ranks them 25 to make Bama look better.
    "God must be a Tar Heel, because the sky is Carolina Blue!!"

  17. #217
    Senior Member Spock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toledo
    Posts
    2,853
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcats20 View Post
    1. Clemson
    2. Auburn
    3. Oklahoma
    4. Wisconsin
    5. Alabama
    6. Georgia
    7. Miami
    8. Ohio State
    9. Penn State
    10. USC

    It's not gonna happen for OSU. Fiesta or Cotton for OSU with a win vs Wisky, most likely.
    If Miami wins and Oklahoma loses they might get in

  18. #218
    Senior Member Terry_Tate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,606
    Rep Power
    50
    How the hell is Fresno State ranked?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You kill the jo, you make some mo\'!

  19. #219
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,084
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcats20 View Post
    Fresno State lost to UNLV. But the committee ranks them 25 to make Bama look better.
    until they lose to Boise st this weekend...then they will be back out

  20. #220
    In ROY I Trust!! wildcats20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Delaware, OH
    Posts
    27,794
    Rep Power
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry_Tate View Post
    How the hell is Fresno State ranked?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because Bana beat them.

    Same reason Miss State is STILL ranked.
    "God must be a Tar Heel, because the sky is Carolina Blue!!"

  21. #221
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,988
    Rep Power
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot4ever View Post
    until they lose to Boise st this weekend...then they will be back out
    They beat Boise last week, but yeah, could definitely happen.

  22. #222
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,988
    Rep Power
    35
    It's laughable that Fresno State is ranked. I figured Mississippi State would still be in there, and sure enough, there they are. I think those both are very "lucky" for Bama.

    Anyway, a conference championship could still boost Ohio State over Bama, but it's pretty unlikely. Oh well. Let's just see the Buckeyes win a conference championship and then let the chips fall where they may. Beat Wisconsin!

  23. #223
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,215
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcats20 View Post
    Fresno State lost to UNLV. But the committee ranks them 25 to make Bama look better.
    Who do you want ranked instead? USF? Just lost. SDSU? Lost to Fresno St a month ago by 3 TD's. Florida Atlantic? Boise St? Just lost to Fresno St. Michigan? Iowa?

    To me it looks like they are throwing a bone to a Group of 5 team who is playing for the conference championship.
    Last edited by sportswizuhrd; 11.28.2017 at 07:50 PM.

  24. #224
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,084
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by sportswizuhrd View Post
    Who do you want ranked instead? USF? Just lost. SDSU? Lost to Fresno St a month ago by 3 TD's. Florida Atlantic? Michigan?

    To me it looks like they are throwing a bone to a Group of 5 team who is playing for the conference championship.
    give me toledo...10-2 with one loss on the road at the U

  25. #225
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    7,117
    Rep Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by sportswizuhrd View Post
    Who do you want ranked instead? USF? Just lost. SDSU? Lost to Fresno St a month ago by 3 TD's. Florida Atlantic? Boise St? Just lost to Fresno St. Michigan? Iowa?

    To me it looks like they are throwing a bone to a Group of 5 team who is playing for the conference championship.
    Throwing a bone to "Roll Damn Tide".

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •