Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jeans

If you’re going to a fundraiser and it’s not black tie, this is entirely acceptable attire of dressing up.

This isn’t.

Hope this helps CC

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
    It's always funny when the guy who says this suddenly decides he's an authority on what clothes are suitable to wear at what places.
    Iím in his boat career wise and near his age....I have no say but do have a funny

I teach elementary phys ed and in the warmer months I wear khaki shorts and a nice polo....most months wear athletic pants with T-shirt covered by 1/4 zip pullover ....on some Fridays we have jeans day and every single time I wear jeans the 6-10 year old kid will look at me and say...ĒIíve never seen you wear pants beforeĒ....typically with about 4 adults in ear shot lol. Even after wearing jeans 20x throughout the year they still say it.

Just heard that last week.

Just bought my 3rd and 4th pairs of jeans from Express this weekend. Slim fit straight cut. Both my other pairs are Leviís 513s. I️ wear jeans about three times per week (evenings/weekend). Probably didnít need two more pairs but they were BOGO. Wash every 3-4 wears. After 3 wears they tend to get a little loose.
    GO TRIBE.

Not sure why I didn't check back into this thread, but LOL at CC.
    There's nothing more nerve racking than waiting in the McDonald's drive thru at 10:57 and wanting breakfast. -- Cody Zeller

Wear jeans 5 days a week as my company is pretty casual. Funny part is, I buy two pairs of expensive jeans and they ripped within 6 months. Buy two cheap pairs and you can't cut through them with a chainsaw. lol
    "I thought [the bandana] was the best way to thank them and to get in a dig at the owners. The Modells can burn in hell for all I care."
    -Steve Everitt

Senior Pwner Commander of Awesome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BR1986FB View Post
    Wear jeans 5 days a week as my company is pretty casual. Funny part is, I buy two pairs of expensive jeans and they ripped within 6 months. Buy two cheap pairs and you can't cut through them with a chainsaw. lol
    Gotta know what you're buying. Expensive doesn't always mean quality.
    "The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."

Great bang for the buck denim. I believe most of their products are made in LA.

https://www.dstld.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Automatik View Post
    Great bang for the buck denim. I believe most of their products are made in LA.

https://www.dstld.com/
    Agreed. I actually have a pair of their dark wash that I like. If they had any stretch in them don't think I'd buy another brand.

Their branding/marketing is straight trash though.
    "The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."

I recently got a black pair and they have a bit of stretch. But the the other two I have are very rigid, even after a year +.

Quote Originally Posted by Automatik View Post
    I recently got a black pair and they have a bit of stretch. But the the other two I have are very rigid, even after a year +.
    I think their black worn denim looks sick, but never in my size when they run a promo.

Boot cut for me. Most comfortable for my stumpy legs.

I have 4 pairs or something like that. Only wear 1-2 consistently. Wash them maybe 1-2 times per year.
    "Mama said the pistol was the Devil's right hand." - Johnny Cash

I stick to quality brands like jnco

My Levi's 513 fit perfect, my Sig P238 is nicely concealed in my back pocket (perfect fit), covered by my un-tucked shirt and sport jacket, my kershaw is comfortable in my front right pocket and the slim fitting jean cover just enough of my boots for a clean, neat look. Looks good for church, dining out or work.
    ďNever invest in anything based on colorĒ
    "From my cold dead hand will they have to remove my weapon"

Chief Shenanigans Officer O-Trap's Avatar
    I work in a T-shirt and sweats or shorts most days. Working from my house has its perks.

When I have to wear jeans, brand doesn't matter. Fit and the wash/style are all that really matter.
    "When has anyone ever been persuaded by being insulted or labeled? [...] That's why people wait until they're in the voting booth. No one's watching anymore. There's no blame or shame or anything, and you can finally say what you really think, and that is a powerful thing." - Thomas Walker as Jonathan Pie

paying it forward
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly35 View Post
    My Levi's 513 fit perfect, my Sig P238 is nicely concealed in my back pocket (perfect fit), covered by my un-tucked shirt and sport jacket, my kershaw is comfortable in my front right pocket and the slim fitting jean cover just enough of my boots for a clean, neat look. Looks good for church, dining out or work.
    classic Belly
    #goTribe #goCavs #goBrowns #goBucks

Trying to lose some weight before I buy some new premium jeans.

But for casual everyday, I actually like Old Navy. They've held up well for me, too. Very comfortable and not that expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    "Dress up" isn't a binary thing. There are levels, and what that guy is wearing is more than fine for a lot of things you would "dress up" for.
    I think they call that "smart casual". Jeans & a blazer beat slacks/khaki's with no jacket almost all the time.

It's funny, because premium jeans cost more than all but the best dress slacks. Even businesses have gone increasingly casual. Many places I've been are jeans every day - the holdouts are mostly the older execs/managers who grew up in a business casual workplace. Suits are almost completely gone from non-client facing roles, and the tie is in even more endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by MontyBrunswick View Post
    I stick to quality brands like jnco
    Playa'

Quote Originally Posted by salto View Post
    Playa'

Did Jarrod from subway have to get in his old jeans?

Quote Originally Posted by Commander of Awesome View Post
    I think their black worn denim looks sick, but never in my size when they run a promo.
    Iíll bite. Whatís your size?

I buy my jeans from Men's Warehouse when they run their 2 for 1 sales. . My favorite brands of what they carry are Lucky, Buffalo David and Joseph Abboud. I've been with this company since 2011...when I started it was business casual and jeans on Friday. These days, it's jeans every day unless you are meeting with a client so I need several pairs. Today I am wearing the Lucky 121 Heritage Slims...favorite jeans I've ever had. Comfortable but have a tailored, sharp look.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I’ll bite. What’s your size?
    I'll guess 42x28.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I’ll bite. What’s your size?
    Odd question. If you check them out you'll see they're out of a lot of sizes in that color.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I'll guess 42x28.
    Nah I don't wear your wife's size.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander of Awesome View Post
    Odd question. If you check them out you'll see they're out of a lot of sizes in that color.

Nah I don't wear your wife's size.
    Eh...you have a score of jeans but canít always find your size. Didnít know if you were one of those 28 waist guys.

Doesnít matter, this thread is full of odd...figured Iíd just join in

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast